[Rspamd-Users] SPF module not found

Daniel Lysfjord lysfjord.daniel at smokepit.net
Fri Sep 25 16:12:13 UTC 2020

"J. Fahrner via Users" <users at lists.rspamd.com> skrev 25. september 2020 kl. 17:59:

> Am 2020-09-25 17:32, schrieb Daniel Lysfjord via Users:
>
>> Something breaks when fetching SPF records, then. Check your rspamd
>> log for signs of SPF related activity (mine contains notifications
>> that it stores and uses entries in the cache. Look for lowercase
>> "spf"),
>
> Nothing strange ther. See attached log.
>
>> Does the mails from this list have their SPF tags?
>
> BAYES_HAM (-3) [99.99%]
> ARC_ALLOW (-1) [lists.rspamd.com:s=arc:i=1]
> R_SPF_ALLOW (-0.2) [+mx]
> R_DKIM_ALLOW (-0.2) [lists.rspamd.com:s=dkim]
> MAILLIST (-0.2) [mailman]
> MIME_GOOD (-0.1) [text/plain]
> HAS_LIST_UNSUB (-0.01)
> FROM_NEQ_ENVFROM (0) [users at lists.rspamd.com,users-bounces at lists.rspamd.com]
> RCPT_COUNT_TWO (0) [2]
> RCVD_COUNT_FIVE (0) [6]
> DKIM_TRACE (0) [lists.rspamd.com:+]
> TO_DN_ALL (0)
> RCVD_VIA_SMTP_AUTH (0)
> HAS_REPLYTO (0) [users at lists.rspamd.com]
> FORGED_SENDER_MAILLIST (0)
> PREVIOUSLY_DELIVERED (0) [users at lists.rspamd.com]
> RCVD_TLS_LAST (0)
> DMARC_NA (0) [rspamd.com]
> HAS_XOIP (0)
> FROM_HAS_DN (0)
> REPLYTO_ADDR_EQ_FROM (0)
> MIME_TRACE (0) [0:+]
> RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE (0) [88.99.142.95:from]
> ASN (0) [asn:24940, ipnet:88.99.0.0/16, country:DE]

This means rspamd does have the SPF module up and running, and is working as intended. Your problem with that specific domain has to come from the DNS side of things. Go hunt in those unbound logs.

I had a problem where bind9 switched to TCP mode when resolving some TXT records (due to size constraints, happened only on TXT records that was behind a CNAME record), and that caused SPF verifications to fail.