[Rspamd-Users] Call for testing: Rspamd 2.6 RC 1

Vsevolod Stakhov vsevolod at rspamd.com
Mon Sep 14 20:03:18 UTC 2020

Hello,

This is the first call for testing for Rspamd upcoming release.

Therefore, I have decided to mark the current experimental release as
the first release candidate for 2.6. There are no breaking changes and I
have tested this release in many environments so upgrade to it should be
not more risky than an upgrade to any stable release.

So the package version I call to test for is the following:

rspamd-2.6-0-git23-f1d0657f3

Please switch to the rolling/experimental packages to test it in your
environment. You can switch back once 2.6 is finally released. I do not
plan to introduce any slashing changes till the final 2.5 release so
please report any findings you have before the release. That's the main
goal of this release candidate.

I will send the list of significant changes a bit later as this release
has around 150+ of significant features/bugfixes/reworks and so on.

Please also bear in mind, that Rspamd will now send more data when
checking for fuzzy hashes: it will send the **source IP** address of
email being scanned and the **domain name** of a sender. This data is
end-to-end encrypted between you and Rspamd public fuzzy storage and I
plan to use it for better spam detection. If you don't want this data to
be shared then please stop using of the public fuzzy storage or set
`no_share` flag to true (however, your access might be blocked as well
in this case). Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you
believe that your case is special in this way.