[Rspamd-Users] Basic questions

m.eckardt at secmailpro.eu m.eckardt at secmailpro.eu
Thu Sep 3 21:52:20 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have some basic questions about rspamd which I could not answer by
reading the documentation. I have setup a proxy-mode configuration with
two hosts. One host is an mta; controller, normal and proxy worker are
enabled. The other is an mda, normal worker is enabled, proxy and
controller are disabled. The Idea is to have one host for rspamd data as
well as scanning and the second host as additional scanner.
If the normal worker is just for scanning and the controller for
learning, how does the normal worker communicate with the controller? I
don't see any option to tell the normal worker how to reach the
controller.
Do I need to tell the proxy about the port the controller is listening
to? If yes, how? my Proxy-worker configuration is below.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have the feeling rspamd is very good,
but I don't quite get how it works yet.

Regards,

Miloslav

worker {
     rspamd_proxy {
         max_retries = 5;
         timeout = 120;
         spam_header = "X-Spam";
         quarantine_on_reject = false;
         reject_message = "Rejected as SPAM by secmailpro scanning
engine";
         discard_on_reject = false;
         milter = true;
         upstream {
             local {
                 hosts = "localhost";
                 default = true;
             }
             scan {
                 hosts =
"master-slave:10.27.33.3:11333:10,10.27.33.2:11333:20";
                 default = true;
         bind_socket = "localhost:11332";
         count = 1;