[Rspamd-Users] Download for Raspberry Pi

Martin Brampton martin at black-sheep-research.com
Wed Oct 28 22:48:18 UTC 2020

On 28/10/2020 19:55, Daniel Lysfjord via Users wrote:
> "Martin Brampton via Users" <users at lists.rspamd.com> skrev 28. oktober 2020 kl. 17:42:
>
>> Is there an ARM version of rspamd 2.5 usable with Raspberry Pi? If so, how is it installed into an
>> Ubuntu or Debian system?
>>
>> -- Users mailing list
>> Users at lists.rspamd.com
>
> As rspamd 2.5 is available in debian[0] (buster-backports, bullseye and sid) and available for arm64, armel and armhf, I would reckon it should be a simple apt-get install away (as long as you have the required repository enabled) on any Raspberry from the Pi 1 to the Pi 4.
>
> [0]: https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=rspamd

I wish it was so simple! I raised this as an issue in the Github rspamd
project, only to have it dismissed on the grounds that 2.5 is outdated.
So now the question is, where can I find a download that isn't outdated
and works on Raspberry Pi. And preferably doesn't crash.

The repository in the download instructions seems not to support arm
architectures (although Ubuntu 20.10 Raspberry Pi edition includes
rspamd 2.5).

(I do wish rspamd would support the standard repositories and feed
through versions that work, rather than just saying that the
distribution repositories aren't supported. This from rspamd.com:
"Rspamd is also available in some versions of Debian and Ubuntu. Please
DO NOT use those packages, as they are not supported in any way. Any
issues or feature requests related to the packages from Debian provided
distros will be closed with no feedback (or even rage feedback). Just
don’t do it, you are warned!")