[Rspamd-Users] Is RSPAMD racist?

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Tue Jun 23 04:15:08 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-22 23:37, Rob Gunther wrote:
> We received our first complaint today about RSPAMD being racist.
>
> Apparently using the terms whitelist & blacklist are offending people.
>
> Is the industry that are currently using the terms whitelist & blacklist
> moving to other terms? Something that people find less offensive these days?

There was a topical recent discussion on the Postfix mailing lists.  The
terms "Allow list" and "Deny list" were suggested as replacements.

In my field, databases, "master" and "slave" are similarly deprecated
and are being replaced by "primary" and "replica".

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net