[Rspamd-Users] Disable outbound X-Spam header

Sophie Loewenthal sophie at klunky.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 13:55:10 UTC 2020

On 16 Jun 2020, at 3:33 pm, Gerald Galster <list+rspamd at gcore.biz> wrote:

Hi,

> Some email servers rejected our email because it contained the header  X-Spam: yes

rspamd honors externally set x-spam headers if they are not removed:

reconf['SPAM_FLAG'] = {
 re = string.format('%s || %s || %s',
     'X-Spam-Flag=/^(?:yes|true)/Hi',
     'X-Spam=/^(?:yes|true)/Hi',
     'X-Spam-Status=/^(?:yes|true)/Hi'),
 score = 5.0,
 description = "Message was already marked as spam",
 group = 'upstream_spam_filters'
}

> I am doubtful that rspamd marked my email as spam, but hey I shall check the logs when I get into work.
>
> In the meantime, how may I stop rspamd from adding an X-Spam header to any authenticated outbound email?

If you're using milter (/etc/rspamd/local.d/milter_headers.conf), see

https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/milter_headers.html

sections local headers, authenticated headers or removing headers, like

headers {
 "X-Spam-Flag" = 0;
 "X-Spam-Status" = 0;
 "X-Spam-Report" = 0;