[Rspamd-Users] RSPAMD_URIBL question

Arno Welzel privat at arnowelzel.de
Fri Jun 12 16:47:12 UTC 2020

Lauri Anteploon via Users:

> One of the e-mails got RSPAMD_URIBL(4.50){planfix.ru:dkim;}

Which translates to:

The sender of the e-mail was found in in the blacklist "planfix.ru".

> I read the documentation https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/rbl.html and I
> am sorry to say, but I don't understand what does it mean.

"The RBL module provides support for checking various messages elements,
such as senders IP addresses, URLs, Emails, Received headers chains,
SMTP data (such as HELO domain) and so on, against the set of Runtime
Black Lists (RBL) usually provided by means of dedicated DNS zones."

What exaclty don't you understand?

> The "dkim" bit in there seems to point towards there being a problem
> with a dkim, but the domain has no DKIM requirement nor does the e-mail
> have any DKIM.

The DKIM bits only say that *if* the domain has a valid DKIM signature
it will *also* be checked. By default emails from domains with a valid
DKIM signature will *not* be checked.

If you enable checking of DKIM signed emails you can also select with
"default_dkim_domainonly" if you want to test only the top level domain
(e.g. example.com if the mail was sent by subdomain.example.com) and you
can select with "default_dkim_match_from" to check the aligned DKIM domain.

More about DKIM alignment see here:

<https://mxtoolbox.com/dmarc/dkim/dkim-alignment>

HTH,
Arno