[Rspamd-Users] avast.lua virus scanner module for Rspamd

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Thu Jan 30 21:55:26 UTC 2020

* Vsevolod Stakhov:

> I'm sorry but I don't have enough time to explain it in more
> details.

Well, my time is as valuable as yours. If you care about contributions
following a particular structure, design pattern or whatever you may
call it, I think you should find the time to document said structure,
wouldn't you agree?

Of course one can see similarities between the various scanner modules,
but that does not explain why you prefer to do certain things in certain
ways. For the future, I'd be happy to follow architectural guidelines if
they are reasonably well documented. I don't deviate out of spite, after
all. ;-)

> Yes, lua_tcp works with unix sockets exactly the same as with the inet
> ones. You can take a look at DCC module that uses a Unix socket by
> default.

Thank you, I did not realise that domain sockets are supported. Being
aware of that would have saved me quite some time. BTW, you keep
mentioning lua_tcp, while I see references to rspamd_tcp in the Lua
code. We're talking about the same module, or are we?

I might consider reworking avast.lua at some point, but right now I
don't have the time. Personally, I will continue using the existing
module, even though it is not part of the Rspamd canon.

-Ralph