[Rspamd-Users] avast.lua virus scanner module for Rspamd

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Thu Jan 30 19:02:28 UTC 2020

* Vsevolod Stakhov:

> You literally break almost everything with unpredictable consequences
> by doing it as you mix non-blocking and blocking sockets IO.

Strong words, with which I disagree, given that avast.lua does what it
is meant to do on various servers (as tested by me and others).

> Why lua_tcp was not enough for your purposes?

I did not choose lua-socket lightly. As I wrote in my README, Avast only
supports UNIX Domain Sockets at this time, and from what I could tell,
rspamd_tcp only deals with network sockets. Lua and Domain Sockets don't
seem to be a frequently used combination, so I found my choices limited.

Did I miss an existing Rspamd module supporting domain sockets?

> I would strongly advice to take a look at the existing modules, such
> as fprot module

Sigh. Obviously I had a look at other scanner modules before I started
writing code.

-Ralph