[Rspamd-Users] Avast Antivirus

Carsten Strotmann carsten at strotmann.de
Fri Feb 7 08:08:24 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 7 Feb 2020, at 6:34, Durga Prasad Malyala wrote:

> One important note.  I've used it before with mailscanner and found that
> only avast blocks encrypted password protected archives being sent through
> mail.
> Is that behavior seen here by anyone?

I just tested sending an encrypted password protected ZIP file through my mail system (with RSpamd and AVAST), and it was not blocked (as I expected).

However if you want to block encrypted attachments, RSpamd detects encrypted MIME attachments and sets the symbol "MIME_ENCRYPTED_ARCHIVE". You can set the score on this Symbol or filter based on the "X-Spamd-Result" Header later in your mail pipeline (for example in Postfix with "milter_header_checks").

Greetings

Carsten