[Rspamd-Users] How to set up custom white/blacklisting

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Thu Dec 17 17:02:25 UTC 2020

Hello,

My Rspamd installation is used for many users with their own mailboxes.
Each of those users has individual e-mail addresses that they want to
whitelist or blacklist. Of course if one user wants to keep mail from an
address that doesn't mean that other users want this, too. In fact the
black and white lists for each user might be contradicting but that's
unlikely and out of scope for now.

So I'm looking for an example configuration to achieve this pseudo-config:

if sender = alice at example.com and recipient = me at example.com then accept
(whitelist)
if sender = bob at example.com and recipient = me at example.com then deny
(blacklist)
if sender = charles at example.com and recipient = you at example.com then accept

and so on.

I've seen that Rspamd has a whitelist module and a multimap module but I
couldn't figure out what they do, how they are supposed to be used and
if they solve my problem at all. In those documents there is so much
tech talk from the Rspamd developers and so little that a mere user of
it can understand and follow. Examples and directions are greatly
appreciated.

If Rspamd is unable to provide this, I'll have to look elsewhere and
maybe see if I can get this to work on the underlying Exim mail server,
without bothering Rspamd with it. I know that SpamAssassin (which I used
before) has at least a global white/blacklist feature in their config,
and it could be extended with Perl modules (ugh!). Maybe Rspamd allows
something similar, too, but a simple config would be preferred.

-Yves