[Rspamd-Users] Greylist vs. soft reject action

Henrik Larsson rspamd-user at spambox.dk
Thu Nov 14 18:46:22 UTC 2019

What is the difference between the greylist vs. soft reject action?

The way I read the documentation, the graylist module will set a soft
reject action on greylisting. But at times, I see messages do get a
greylist action in the log as well.

Greylist action: (default: T (greylist)
Soft reject action: (default: F (soft reject)

*** Section greylist ***
ipv6_mask = 64;
whitelist_domains_url [
     "/usr/local/etc/rspamd/local.d/greylist-whitelist-domains.inc",

"/usr/local/etc/rspamd/local.d/maps.d/greylist-whitelist-domains.inc",
]
expire = 86400;
ipv4_mask = 19;
message = "Greylisting in action, please come back later";
max_data_len = 10000;
action = "soft reject";
key_prefix = "rg";
timeout = 300;