[Rspamd-Users] log configuration smtp_rcpts truncated

Tue May 14 16:23:43 UTC 2019

Il 14/05/19 16:51, Alexander Moisseev via Users ha scritto:
> On 14.05.2019 15:02, Mailing List SVR wrote:
>>
>> but if the mail has many recipients the log is truncated, in
>> /var/log/mail.log I have something like this:
>>
>> rcpts:
>> <rcpt1 at example.com,rcpt2 at example.com,rcpt3 at example.com,rcpt4 at example.com,rcpt5 at example.com,rcpt6 at example.com,rcpt7 at example.com,rcpt8 at example.com,...>
>>
>> the web ui reports all the recipients instead, if this a bug or a
>> configuration error?
>>

> Syslog packet length is limited to 1k [1] so we have to truncate long
> lists (e.g. recipients, symbols, etc).
>
> 1. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3164#section-4.1

thanks for your answer, many sysylog implementations allow to raise this
limit, for example in rsyslog the maximum is 8K and is configurable
using $MaxMessageSize parameter,

https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/global/index.html

could rspamd make this length configurable (default 1K) and not hard
coded? thanks