[Rspamd-Users] Disable rewrite subject for outgoing emails

P.V.Anthony anthony at mindmedia.com.sg
Sun May 12 14:35:20 UTC 2019

On 12/5/19 7:21 PM, Mailing List SVR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using rspamd 1.9.2 and I have this configuration in
> override.d/actions.conf
>
> reject = 150;
> add_header = 6.7;
> rewrite_subject = 6.7;
> greylist = 4;

I am not an expert. I am just sharing my understanding.

I have the above in local.d/actions.conf. Any special reason for placing
the actions.conf in override.d?

The other point I would like to highlight is the threshold should not be
the same. Here is what is written in the docs.

https://rspamd.com/doc/configuration/metrics.html
"Only one action could be applied to a message. Hence, it is generally
useless to define two actions with the same threshold."

> subject = "*** SPAM *** %s";
>
> this works fine and the subject for spam emails is properly rewritten.
>
> I want to disable subject rewrite for authenticated users, so I added
> this configuration in local.d/settings.conf
>
> authenticated {
>      priority = high;
>      authenticated = yes;
>      apply {
>          subject = "%s";
>      }
> }
>
> but this does not seems to work, what's wrong?

Maybe might want to create two more settings something like,

ENABLED_DOMAINS {
         id = "enabled_domains";
         priority = medium;
         rcpt = "@domainname.com";
         apply {
                 subject = "*** SPAM *** %s";

DISABLED_DOMAINS {
         id = "disabled_domains";
         priority = low;
         rcpt = "@domainname.com";
         inverse = yes;
         apply {
                 symbols_enabled = [];
                 groups_enabled = [];

And remove the "subject = "*** SPAM *** %s";" from the actions.conf.

I repeat that I am not an expert. Please test or check with others too.

P.V.Anthony