[Rspamd-Users] rpsamd and redis memory expiration : allkeys-lru

Alexander Moisseev moiseev at mezonplus.ru
Tue Jun 18 07:15:43 UTC 2019

On 17.06.2019 22:01, Sophie Loewenthal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any problem with rspamd if I swap volatile-lru for allkeys-lru in maxmemory-policy?  I have very little memory free on my little server.

Both are wrong, assuming you want to apply eviction policy to Bayesian statistics Redis instance. Using any LRU policy in conjunction with bayes expiry module doesn't make sense.
Bayes expiry module is constantly checking tokens in a loop. This means LRU policy will evict last checked tokens regardless of tokens classification.
You should use volatile-ttl policy instead.

Please see: https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/bayes_expiry.html#limiting-memory-usage-to-a-fixed-amount