[Rspamd-Users] Spamhaus Technology contributions to Rspamd ruleset

Riccardo Alfieri riccardo.alfieri at spamteq.com
Thu Jul 25 13:40:10 UTC 2019

On 25/07/19 09:48, Tim Harman via Users wrote:

> I'm a newbie. Please prefix everything below with "I think"
Me too don't worry :)

> The rbl.conf (rbl module) in rspamd only checks IP addresses.
> The surbl.conf (surbl module) in rspamd only checks domains.

The fact is that only rbl.conf has the "helo = true" option, that I've
been told does a forward lookup of the HELO string and checks the
resulting IP in the RBL where it's defined, but at the same time it also
checks the HELO string itself. I'm not really sure about that and I
think the best would be for some developer to chime in and explain how
"helo = true" really works.

For the mean time I think I'll leave the configuration as is, as
probably those warnings are not causing any harm.

Anyway, thanks for digging it and trying to help me solve the problem! :)

--
Best regards,
Riccardo Alfieri

Spamhaus Technology