[Rspamd-Users] rspamd as Policy Server

Giorgio Sirano giorgiosirano at mail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:34:46 UTC 2019

   Hi Tim,

   I'm using these modules of PolicyD:
     * Postfix SMTP access policy delegation
     * Quotas (rate limiting SASL authentications / mail sent per
       user/domain)

   I'd be interesting to have custom rules (for example: reject when
   sender is over quota)

   Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 5:49 PM
   From: "Tim Harman via Users" <users at lists.rspamd.com>
   To: "User questions" <users at lists.rspamd.com>
   Cc: "Tim Harman" <tim at muppetz.com>
   Subject: Re: [Rspamd-Users] rspamd as Policy Server
   On 29/01/2019 9:54 pm, Giorgio Sirano wrote:
   > Hi all,
   >
   > I'm using rspamd on my personal mail server and I'm very happy with
   > it so... thank you!
   >
   > On the submission instance of Postfix I'm using PolicyD as policy
   > server.
   > I was evaluating if it was possible to extend rspamd (C + Lua?) to
   use
   > it instead of PolicyD. Is it a crazy idea? A lot of work?
   >
   > Greetings,
   > Giorgio
   Why use policyD if you're using rspamd? What features does it have that
   you don't get with rspamd? A quick glace at its documentation and the
   only thing I can see rspamd doesn't have is quota support.
   Personally I think you're better off to just use rspamd, so it can see
   all spam, not just the spam that policyD lets past. That way it can
   better train its bayes database.
   You don't mention what features you want from policyD in rspamd. Given
   that it's open source of course it's possible to extend it, you could
   make rspamd also play tetris if you wanted. Is it crazy? Well, you
   don't say what you want to do, so this is hard to judge. Is it a lot of
   work? Well, it depends what you want to do. Why don't you clone the
   repo and have a go? :)
   Tim