[Rspamd-Users] Ratelimit settings

Tim Harman tim at muppetz.com
Mon Apr 15 03:23:50 UTC 2019

On 15/04/2019 3:05 pm, P.V.Anthony wrote:
>> Tim
>
> Thank you very much for replying.
>
> Here is the output.
>
> # rspamadm configdump ratelimit
> *** Section ratelimit ***
> user {
>     bucket {
>         burst = 3;
>         rate = "1 / 60min";
>     }
> }
> whitelisted_rcpts = "postmaster,mailer-daemon";
> servers = "127.0.0.1";
> max_rcpt = 5;
>
> *** End of section ratelimit ***
>
> I am hoping for the ratelimit setting to stop me from sending more
> than 4 emails in one hour. This is for testing.
>
> Later the burst would be increased to 60 so that only 60 emails can be
> sent every hour.
>
> What am I doing wrong with the settings?
>
> P.V.Anthony

I have never used the ratelimit module.  Having a quick read of the docs
though, that looks to be valid config and (I think!) should work. The
only thing I can suggest is that in the docs the user ratelimit says
"user: limit per authenticated user (useful for outbound limits)"

Are you using SASL authentication to send the messages?  Maybe if it
can't figure out who the authenticated user is it doesn't attempt to
limit them.   But otherwise if that's not the case, I'm sorry I can't
offer any more assistance. Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Tim