[Rspamd-Users] Ratelimit settings

P.V.Anthony anthony at mindmedia.com.sg
Sun Apr 14 16:45:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

Using rspamd 1.9.1

I would like to limit outgoing email per authenticated user to 60 emails
per hour. This is the setting I am planning to use.

servers = "127.0.0.1";

user = { #authenticated user
      bucket = {
                     burst = 60; #Size of the bucket
                     rate = "1 / 1min"; #leak amount

For testing I set the following,

servers = "127.0.0.1";

user = {
             bucket = {
                            burst = 3;
                            rate = "1 / 1min";

I must be doing something wrong because I am able to send more that 5
emails a minute. Where did I go wrong?

When the ratelimit is set correctly, does it show the count in the logs?
When the ratelimit has been reached, will it give an error to the user?
If yes, can we create the message in the configuration?

--
P.V.Anthony