[Rspamd-Users] RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_FAIL(0.00) when own Spamhaustech.com account is specified

Sophie Loewenthal sophie at klunky.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 08:19:22 UTC 2019

> [...]
>> Regards,
>> Christian
>
> Doesn't just editing /etc/rspamd/local.d/rbl.conf do it for you?
>
> For example, I just put this in mine:
>
> rbls {
>  spamhaus {
>    rbl = "cheese.org"
>  }
> }
>
> And now:
>
> root at mail:/etc/rspamd/local.d# rspamadm configdump rbl
> *** Section rbl ***
> default_exclude_users = true;
> default_received = false;
> default_unknown = true;
> default_from = true;
> rbls {
>
> <snip snip snip a lot of other RBLS I have>
>
>    spamhaus {
>        returncodes {
>            RBL_SPAMHAUS_SBL = "127.0.0.2";
>            RBL_SPAMHAUS_XBL [
>                "127.0.0.4",
>                "127.0.0.5",
>                "127.0.0.6",
>                "127.0.0.7",
>            ]
>            RBL_SPAMHAUS_CSS = "127.0.0.3";
>            RBL_SPAMHAUS_DROP = "127.0.0.9";
>            RBL_SPAMHAUS_PBL [
>                "127.0.0.10",
>                "127.0.0.11",
>            ]
>        }
>        rbl = "cheese.org";  <---------------- It's applied just fine!
>        ipv6 = true;
>        symbol = "RBL_SPAMHAUS";
>    }
>
> Maybe you're also forgetting to change this, found lower in the rbls:
>
>    spamhaus_received {
>        ignore_whitelists = true;
>        returncodes {
>            RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_CSS = "127.0.0.3";
>            RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_XBL [
>                "127.0.0.4",
>                "127.0.0.5",
>                "127.0.0.6",
>                "127.0.0.7",
>            ]
>            RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_DROP = "127.0.0.9";
>            RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_SBL = "127.0.0.2";
>            RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_PBL [
>                "127.0.0.10",
>                "127.0.0.11",
>            ]
>        }
>        symbol = "RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS";
>        from = false;
>        rbl = "zen.spamhaus.org";
>        received = true;
>        ipv6 = true;
>    }
>

> You'd override that with:
>

> rbls {
>  spamhaus {
>    rbl = "cheese.org"
>  }
>  spamhaus_received {
>    rbl = "cheese.org"
>  }
> }
>
> in your /etc/rspamd/local.d/rbl.conf
>
> Obviously replace cheese.org with the actual fancy-pants custom zen lookup domain you've been given, oh ye who can afford one (can you tell I'm jealous?)

Hi Tim,

I already have this in the rbl.conf

**Yours**

rbls {
 spamhaus {
   rbl = "cheese.org"

**Mine**

spamhaus {
       rbl = "xxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";
   }
   spamhaus_xbl {
       rbl = "xxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";

And my gives "rspamadm configdump rbl" gives:

        symbol = "RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS";
        from = false;
        rbl = "zen.spamhaus.org";
        received = true;
        ipv6 = true;

<snip>
   spamhaus_xbl {
        rbl = "xxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";
    }
<snip>
    spamhaus {
        returncodes {
            RBL_SPAMHAUS_SBL = "127.0.0.2";
            RBL_SPAMHAUS_XBL [
                "127.0.0.4",
                "127.0.0.5",
                "127.0.0.6",
                "127.0.0.7",
            ]
            RBL_SPAMHAUS_CSS = "127.0.0.3";
            RBL_SPAMHAUS_DROP = "127.0.0.9";
            RBL_SPAMHAUS_PBL [
                "127.0.0.10",
                "127.0.0.11",
            ]
        }
        rbl = "xxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";
        ipv6 = true;
        symbol = "RBL_SPAMHAUS";
    }

It didn’t change.  This could be a bit moot in my case (but not in Christian’s case) because my Postfix milters reject on spamhaus RBLs. If spam made it as far as rspamd, then it’s not in Spamhaus.
Does a negative hit on SPamhaus has any weight on rspamd classification/rule combination?

Regards, Fancy Pant’s owner.