[Rspamd-Users] RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_FAIL(0.00) when own Spamhaustech.com account is specified

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Mon Apr 8 06:32:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 07:26:24 +0200 Sophie Loewenthal wrote:

>    On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 12:46 AM Tim Harman via Users
>    <users at lists.rspamd.com> wrote:
>
>      On 08/04/2019 8:33 am, Sophie Loewenthal wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > I saw this in emails:
>      >
>      > RECEIVED_SPAMHAUS_FAIL(0.00)[145.246.109.94.zen.spamhaus.org:query
>      > timed out]
>      >
>      > I have this configured:
>      > # cat rbl.conf
>      > rbls {
>      > psbl {
>      > rbl = "psbl.surriel.com";
>      > symbol = "RCVD_IN_PSBL";
>      > }
>      > spamhaus {
>      > rbl = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";
>      > }
>      > spamhaus_xbl {
>      > rbl = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net";
>      > }
>      >
>      > }
>      >
>      >
>      > Local DNS resolves just fine:
>      > # dig +short 2.0.0.127.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.zen.dq.spamhaus.net
>      > 127.0.0.10
>      > 127.0.0.4
>      > 127.0.0.2
>      > #
>      >
>      >
>      > Used to work, but guess I only recently noticed with rspamd 1.9.1
>      >
>      > Is this rbl.conf configuration still valid, or should it be set
>      > another way? Or should the public spamhaus RBLs be disabled in
>      rspamd
>      > and the commerial RBLs be specifically allowed?
>      >
>      > Regards.
>      you're getting the fail on the public service (notice it doesn't
>      have
>      the dq in the domain name)
>      Are you querying against a public DNS server? Or sending so many
>      queries
>      per day that you'd get blacklisted anyway?
>      I think you do need to disable the public querying against the
>      standard
>      Zen and ensure only your private query thing is being used.
>      That's a guess though - I don't have a cool secret squirrel Spamhaus
>      account :)
>      Tim
>
>    Hi Tim,
>    Thanks for confirming what I had suspected. I recall I disabled the
>    public lookups but this has since been over written.
>    I shall try to find out how I can disable free Spamhaus lookups.
>    I use an internal DNS and do not query against public DNS servers.
>    Does anyone on the list know off-hand in which local.d/...conf file one
>    should config this ?
>    Thanks .

I'm in a similar situation and no incantation of local or override I came
up with did the job.
Same for some other configurations like surbl.conf, but things
are working just fine and as expected with yet others.

So any example that just changes the rbl settings for these would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Christian

chibi at gol.com   	Rakuten Communications