[Rspamd-Users] [rspamd] Tagged addresses in spamtrap.map

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Mon Sep 24 17:34:56 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-20 15:30:12 (+0200), Philip Paeps wrote:
>I have some spamtraps in the form of <user+xuung0he at example.com>,
>where xuung0he is a random string.
>
>These spamtraps don't seem to be hit.
>
>Is rspamd being too smart and stripping off the tag before feeding
>addresses to the spamtrap module?
>
>Configuration:
>
>spamtrap.conf:
>map = file://$LOCAL_CONFDIR/local.d/spamtrap.map;
>
>spamtrap.map:
>/^user\+xuung0he at example\.com$/
>
>Other spamtraps listed in spamtrap.map (untagged addresses) seem to
>work fine.
>
>Can this be configurable?

Hello new mailing list. :)

I've looked into this more closely.

If I'm reading the code correctly, the EMAIL_PLUS_ALIASES code (in
misc.lua) runs as a prefilter and removes the tags before the spamtrap
module can see them.

Is that supposed to happen?

It seems a bit destructive.  I'm sure there are other reasons to want to
keep the tags.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps