[Rspamd-Users] Questions about REDIS and Bayes Learning

Alexander Moisseev moiseev+rspamd-users at mezonplus.ru
Mon Nov 19 20:26:20 UTC 2018

On 19.11.18 22:49, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
> On 2018-11-19 14:20, Alexander Moisseev via Users wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure you are using "redis" backend?
>>
>> # rspamadm configdump classifier.bayes.backend
>
> Crap, I'm not :(
>
> *** Section classifier.bayes.backend ***
> "sqlite3"
> *** End of section classifier.bayes.backend ***
>
> I think I was just using whatever defaults there are.  Is it okay to leave as is?

Redis backend and "new schema" are highly recommended.
I would suggest to use a separate Redis instance for Bayes statistics. It makes life easier.
For example, you can just copy .rdb file to make backup, share it between installation or limit memory usage like that: https://rspamd.com/doc/modules/bayes_expiry.html#limiting-memory-usage-to-a-fixed-amount