[Rspamd-Users] Block File by type or extantion

Tim Harman tim at muppetz.com
Mon Dec 10 19:58:33 UTC 2018

On 11/12/2018 8:51 am, Koby Peleg Hen wrote:

> This is file name not file type.
> I am looking for block by file type like mailscanner.

Please don't top-reply on this list.

You can block by extension, which is basically filetype.  Of course it's
possible to rename a zip to pdf etc to bypass this.

Are you saying that mailscanner performs heuristics on the file to
determine it's type, ignoring whatever extn it has? rspamd doesn't do
this and while I can't actually speak for the author, I doubt it ever
will.  I think it would slow down processing too much.